How to Talk to Your Partner About Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Making the decision for vaginal rejuvenation can be life changing. If you are in a committed relationship, and although it may not be easy to talk about intimate issues, it is important to get your significant other’s support. While bringing up the subject of a vaginal rejuvenation can be scary at first, just remember that your partner ultimately wants what is best for you.
If you are still nervous, take some time to do your own vaginal rejuvenation research first. Once you know what the vaginal rejuvenation process is all about, and you are confident that it is the best technique for your personal wellbeing, your partner is most likely to listen and agree. Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery suggests that you keep the following in mind for this delicate conversation:
- Pick a quiet time and comfortable setting to talk to your partner about vaginal rejuvenation, far from distractions or interruptions.
- Have a clear, concise explanation of current vaginal rejuvenation techniques ready to share.
- Tell your significant other exactly why are are interested in the surgical procedure, whether it is to fix a congenital issue or improve physical changes that occurred with childbirth/aging.
- Let him/her know how vaginal rejuvenation will improve your confidence and self-esteem.
- Explain the recovery requirements for vaginal rejuvenation, including what assistance you will expect from your partner during this time.
- Be clear that sexual intercourse must be postponed for six weeks following the procedure.
- Have a rough cost estimate of vaginal rejuvenation ready to share, and know what financing options are available to you.
- Tell your partner where you will have the procedure done, including how you will get to and from the surgical center.
- Have a good time in mind for the vaginal rejuvenation surgery, keeping in mind both you and your partner’s work/school/parenting schedules.
- Give your partner time to do their own research, and provide resources such as RealSelf or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Remember, it is important to only move forward with your vaginal rejuvenation if it is what you want. It should not be done to make your partner, or anyone else, happy. If you would like to learn more about the vaginal rejuvenation procedures available at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, contact our office at 281.606.0007. At your consultation appointment, Dr. Vitenas will help to determine if vaginal rejuvenation is right for your needs at this time. We also invite you to bring your partner, so they too can have their vaginal rejuvenation questions answered.