Taking Care of Yourself After Your Vaginal Rejuvenation
Most of the time in life, you find yourself doing things for others. Sometimes, however, you do something just for yourself. Case in point – your long desired, Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure. Millions of women notice vaginal loosening over the years, which is often made worse by childbirth and genetics. Vaginal Rejuvenation is a cosmetic surgery procedure filled with self-love, designed to restore a tighter vaginal opening for more enjoyable intercourse, as well as better fitting tampons and even improved continence. Deciding to undergo Vaginal Rejuvenation is only the first step in taking care of your personal needs. Your road to recovery will also require some much needed TLC, as well.
Tips for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Recovery
- Icepacks – Expect some initial bruising and swelling. Intermittent use of an icepack (20 minutes on and 20 minutes off) over the first 48 hours can help keep swelling to a minimum and sooth healing tissues.
- Breathable clothing – Choose soft cotton underwear to keep your incisions cool and free of any friction during the initial healing process. Loose pants or skirts can keep pressure off your private area for the few days.
- Old fashioned rest and relaxation – The best thing you can do to speed healing is to rest. For the first several days, keep physical activity to a minimum. Take your doctor’s recommended time off from work or school, catch up on your favorite TV shows or start on a new book, resting while your body recuperates.
- Shower but do not bathe – Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to initially clean your incisions. Remember that sitting in a tub, pool, or hot tub should be avoided for the first six weeks to avoid infection.
- Eat well – Before surgery, stock up on easy to prepare, healthy foods, allowing for proper nutrition with little stress the first few days of recovery. Also, drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Be active – Walking can be resumed as you begin to feel yourself, however put off jarring, high-impact exercise for at least six weeks.
- Skip heavy lifting – For four to six weeks, do not pick up anything heavier than 20 lbs., including children. Heavy lifting can put a strain on tissues, causing a delay in wound healing or possible complications. Before scheduling your surgery, arrange for assistance around the house, if needed.
- Wait on sex – You will need from six to eight weeks to heal before resuming sexual intercourse. Once your vagina has fully healed, resuming sex will be comfortable and pleasurable.
Recovery after Vaginal Rejuvenation takes about two weeks. Take this time to pamper yourself; you will be happy you did. Before you know it, your incisions will be healed, plus you will feel more comfortable and confident about your body.
Are you ready to look more closely at Vaginal Rejuvenation? If so, contact Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery at (281) 606-0007 to schedule your consultation appointment. You can also get more information by filling out our easy, online Contact Us form. Dr. Paul Vitenas has close to 30 years of experience with Vaginal Rejuvenation and is excited to walk you through this life-changing process.