Is sex really important? The answer is yes! Not only does a healthy, active sex-life provide confidence and self-esteem, it also keeps us healthy . . . and can add years to our lifespan. Unfortunately, when the muscles of the vagina become lax, sexual activity can quickly loose its satisfaction; it can even become uncomfortable. Poor vaginal muscle tone can be the result of childbirth, illness, or aging. No matter the cause, once the vagina has lost its elasticity, a woman will be more likely to avoid sexual activity. This does not only affect her relationships; the lack of physical intimacy has been proven to significantly impact a woman’s overall health.
Five ways sex can improve your health:
1. Sex fights colds and flu: People who have sex once a week hold an increased level of IgA – the antibody that helps to fight illness.
2. Sex burns calories: Sexual activity increases the heart rate, increases blood flow, and stretches muscles; making it a form of exercise. During a half hour love-making session, you can burn up to 230 calories.
3. Sex reduces heart disease: A 2010 study by the New England Journal of Medicine reported that sexual activity significantly lowers the risk for heart attacks, strokes, and heart disease.
4. Sex regulates hormones: Having sex once a week promotes healthy hormone levels, which in turn regulates menstrual cycles and decreases menopause symptoms.
5. Sex reduces headaches: Headaches are not a good excuse to skip sex – the act actually encourages a release of oxytocin, which can reduce headaches and even physical pain.
There is a way for women with lax vaginal tissue to recapture their lost sexuality. A Vaginoplasty is designed to remove excess tissue, which has lost its elasticity, and tighten the remaining vaginal muscles. The tight, snugness of a youthful vagina is restored. Labiaplasty, a procedure to reshape and resize the labia major and labia minora, can be combined with a Vaginoplasty for an optimal, all-empompassing physical transformation.
Once you understand your physical needs, the road to a healthy body and lifestyle will be easy. If you are ready to discuss your physical concerns with Dr. Vitenas, call our office (281) 606-0007 to receive more information on the Vaginal Rejuvenation. Live the healthy, long, robust life you were meant for. Remember, the old saying is true: nothing matters if you do not have your health.