The consultation appointment will provide a moment-of-truth before your upcoming vaginal rejuvenation procedure. This important visit offers several pieces of crucial information that are necessary to determine if the combination of a labiaplasty or vaginoplasty can bring your desired aesthetic changes, as well as if the potential surgeon is the right one for you.
Today, so much excellent information is available online, most patients go into their first appointment armed with many facts about vaginal rejuvenation surgery. However, nothing you read on the Internet can substitute for the personalized information you will get during the consultation. Use this checklist as a guide to the questions you should ask the surgeon during your vaginal rejuvenation consultation.
- Did you train specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- How long have you been specifically performing labiaplasty and vaginoplasty procedures?
- Where do you perform your vaginal rejuvenation procedures?
- Is this an office-based surgical facility?
- Is your surgical center nationally accredited?
- Do you have privileges at area hospitals?
- Am I a good candidate for vaginal rejuvenation?
- What are the vaginal rejuvenation results that can reasonably be expected on me?
- What will be needed from me, prior to my vaginal rejuvenation surgery?
- How are your labiaplasty or vaginoplasty procedures performed?
- What are the location and size of the incisions?
- Will my vaginal rejuvenation scar?
- How long will my vaginal rejuvenation recovery be, and will I need help during this time?
- When can I go back to work after my vaginal rejuvenation?
- When can I have intercourse after my vaginal rejuvenation?
- What are the risks and complications associated with vaginal rejuvenation?
- How do you handle complications? How do I reach you if something unexpected occurs?
- How will sexual sensation and stimulation be affected by my surgery?
- How can I expect my vaginal tissues to look over time?
- How could a future pregnancy affect my vaginal rejuvenation results?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the results from my vaginal rejuvenation surgery?
- Do you have vaginal rejuvenation before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure?
- Which of the women in the before/after photos share similar physical issues and achieved my desired results?
These questions form a starting point for an in-depth conversation about your specific vaginal rejuvenation procedure. If you have additional concerns, do not hesitate to bring them up. The consultation is your time to get to know the surgeon, and find out if the surgical procedure is right for your needs.
Dr. Paul Vitenas is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has close to 30 years of labiaplasty, vaginoplasty, and vaginal rejuvenation experience. Contact Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery at (281) 606-0007 for an in-person or online consultation. Patients travel from across the country and around the world to see Dr. Vitenas. If you are coming from outside of the Houston area, please talk to your patient coordinator about travel suggestions.